Friday, June 22, 2012

Hot as...well very hot!

I am lying in the air conditioned cool. It is 109 outside and my body screams "Run away, Run away!" (reference my favorite line in Python' s Holy Grail) as soon as I'm out in it. That said, I did just manage to lie out in the strip of sun on our side porch for a few minutes to try and make some vitamin D. Before that, I had the most wonderful oncology massage. The daughter of the manager here does them for a song for Euromed patients and offers the same intro rate for anyone. So, they are en route and won't see this, but I've signed up all four friends for a massage tomorrow. Hope they like massage as much as I do! Actually, it's my parents paying for this out of the fun money they provided for this visit ( Thanks, Mom and Dad!). Flowers just arrived (for the third time) from Stan and Leanna, my parents-in-law. I adore fresh flowers and appreciate this gift very much. I am resting up in wait for them to arrive this evening. Colin left after a wonderful week of taking good care of me, lots of laughs and love. My Mom arrives Sunday to stay for a week. I am very well taken care of out here! I even got to join Margaret, Joseph and their friends for chili night (Steve's famous chili brings the Bernard's High crowd every time.) What a lovely group of young adults they've turned out to be. As to treatment, I am feeling less fatigued, though not up to much yet. Nausea is manageable. The lung continues to fill and drain, due, I am now convinced after some research Colin did, to all the IV treatment I am getting. I also put on 5 pounds in a day, so I'm clearly hydrated! Thankfully, I have no edema in my limbs ( except for same old left arm post-mastectomy). The vitamin c also apparently causes fatigue, so I assumed that's it. I am a bonehead to have misunderstood about my counts. White blood cells are low and being treated with nupagen. Platelets are fine! Blood draw Monday will tell us more. Finally, the damned catheter got another little infection at the exit site and I was hobbling around and whining for a few days. Ointment did the trick and I feel much better. What a pain, but I'm glad to have it if the vid are going to keep the lung effusion going. The euromed folks said one patient's lung just cleared up with the acupuncture. I am SOOO willing to be stuck with tiny needles if that works for me! Bye for now. Colleen

1 comment:

  1. You are great. I'm so proud of you (and Butters too!) for moving to Arizona. It's an amazing world. As always, you have taken masterful control over what you can control.

    A very special energy is now in Phoenix - helping the city live up to the aspirations of it's name. You are bringing your extended friends and family together, and inspiring us all to work harder to reach out around us to mold a better future. I'm going into work more focused than ever on accelerating Exxon's efforts to create new ideas and nuture new technologies. Anyone reading your blog will stop being afraid of the future. Thanks to people like you, we all know what to do to make tomorrow better than today.

    I can't wait to see you at the beach.

    Your loving husband,

    Steve

    ReplyDelete