Sunday, June 3, 2012

Arizona!!!

At 3 a.m., the itching woke me up. In reaction to God Knows What (chemo?) I have a large, itchy red rash over my chest, belly and back. But, who cares, today is the big move adventure. After looking at the drive, we decided to fly, with Butters. Not fun for him, but he survived and seems none the worse for it. My wonderful sister showed up at 4 a.m. for the drive to Newark airport. After locking the keys in the trunk with our luggage inside, swearing only a little (considering) and both Dev and I ganging up on Steve for being pokey, we were off in the dark right on schedule. My father-in-law had suggested a wheelchair and that turned out to be brilliant. Soon we were head through security with Butters on my lap, a nice gentleman pushing me and Steve with the carry-ons. Other than Steve getting through the security and starting to dress himself with no thought of poor Butters left behind, all went smoothly! The flight was long for a poor little doggie squashed into a small carrying bag but he did well but for one hour where we had to listen to him whimper and watch a little black snout and teeth repeatedly poke out through the zipper. But we are here at last. 10:30 am local time we were warmly received by Lisa at the front desk of the residence in. We got some sun by the pool, grabbed Mexican salads for lunch and I am about to take a nap. Steve and I have been a remarkable team at the start of this new joint venture. Tomorrow, I eat an early breakfast then fast and arrive at 9 am to start treatment. More as the details unfold.... Updates to visiting schedule. Lisa and Lucinda Kelly coming Sunday for 3 days! Joseph not coming direct from school but likely the weekend of 16th.

1 comment:

  1. Colleen, glad to hear you have arrived, it sounds better already:) We'll be thinking of you. Love, Lynn

    ReplyDelete