Monday, May 21, 2012

Home sweet home....Quick update

I am home from the hospital. Hooray! It wasn't bad, actually. The staff at Overlook in Summit were wonderful. Even the folks cleaning the floors made it a point to be friendly and kind. But after three nights, I'm relieved to be home. Change of treatment plan. I am not yet sure if the fluid in my lungs has cancer in it, but I am assuming so at this point. Because of this, and due to the cancer in the skin around the incision, I will be put back onto IV chemo starting Wednesday. Not the same drugs as last time (more info on that soon). Not good. May consider a clinical trial. Butters refused to look at me when I got home. I let him out of his crate and he grabbed his toy and went the other side of the coffee table to chew on it. He only came over to see me when I called him. Resentment seems a pretty sophisticated emotion for a dog, but it was clear he wasn't pleased with me. I have now been fully forgiven and her is following me about. What a bummer for him to have me simply disappear for almost 4 days! The other thing worth noting is that my chest X-ray this afternoon was clear - no fluid building back up. It's still hurts to take a deep breath as the lungs unsquash themselves, but there is no longer a stabbing, impossibly painful spasm when I inhale quickly. This had made laughing, crying or any sudden movement very scary. Glad that's over! I do cough when I take a deep breath, but it's getting better quickly. At the moment, I am feeling good, with almost no pain, no nausea, and a good end-of-day tiredness. This, I appreciate!

1 comment:

  1. Dear Colleen
    We are glad to read that you are feeling better again. The war is not over. I agree with others that have commented on how powerful your writing is. You are giving so much od yourself and giving us insight into this crazy journey.
    Best wishes from me and Una
    Asta

    ReplyDelete