Wednesday, March 28, 2012

In the recovery room...

I am dictating this to my sister Devra from the recovery room. She is here with my mom. They have both been wonderful. We had a hard time getting my pain under control but did get there. I am totally stoned but not hurting. Surgeon said it all went really well. She seems very cheerful but she always seems very cheerful. Mom asked if she always says that things went well and she said absolutely not! Since the room spins every time I move my eyes, thats enough for now. I know a lot of you were waiting for news and I so appreciate your concern. Looks like I am here to fight another day or two. Much more later, love Colleen.

9 comments:

  1. Colleen, I'm so sorry I had to learn of your illness by reading Leanna's column! I'm glad you came through OK. You are still 100% whole!! Stay strong!
    Evangeline

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Colleen.
    We are glad to hear that everything went well. Take care.
    Asta and Una

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how this swtiches narrators halfway through. Thanks Aunt Devra! Keep your chin up mommy. I love you.
    -maggie

    ReplyDelete
  4. keep strong Colleen--you are doing great--glad to hear you are in recovery!!! XO

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sending good wishes and positive thoughts your way!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really admire you Colleen! You're such a strong woman and you inspire me. Thank you so much for the privilege of knowing you and for letting me be with you in your journey. Much love to you, to your sister Devra and the whole of the family!

    -Fe

    ReplyDelete
  7. OK, so now you've experienced your first surgery. Not something you wished for, but another first! BRAVO! Hope you found that morphine button. Certainly sends you to la-la land!

    By the time you're reading all these good wishes, you're already feeling so much better.

    Upwards and onwards!

    Much love!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thinking of you and wishing you a speedy and relatively uneventful recovery.

    RoxanneT

    ReplyDelete