Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Good port news

Nothing like a little good news from time to time. The port installed in my chest (gross) managed to migrate across my chest to a new vein (super gross) AND seems to have managed to find a perfectly good home in its new vein delivering chemo and other various substances to my bloodstream at least as well as an IV in my arm would. So, after a long drive to Westfield and nothing to eat all morning, having to lie on a table with a gown on and get poked yet again, I have the all clear to use my port again. Hooray!

This second-to-last chemo round is going better then the last. Once I decided to adopt the "lost weekend" approach by taking enough Percocet to manage the bone pain, it was less overwhelming. A week from treatment this morning, I am definitely stronger. For one, I can walk again, and am off Percocet.

I feel reasonably alert and am working again. Not the dynamo I used to be, but able to think clearly and work with my clients. Butters and I will be on our own for two days while Steve is at a meeting, so the timing is good. Thanks for will of you following along with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment